Welcome to the Mosinee Fire District Website
Protecting the Greater Mosinee Area
A full-time Fire Chief works weekdays 6 AM – 4 PM and two Deputy Chiefs work alternating 4 days on, 4 days off from 6 AM – 6 PM. Remaining hours are covered by part-time, Paid-On Call staff.
2016 Year End Report
Click below to read our
2016 Year End Report.
Pool Fill Application
For a small fee, the Mosinee Fire District will fill pools within our District for residents who would like the service. Please click the link below to download the application.
The Mosinee Fire District is accepting applications for Captain. The Mosinee Fire District operates under an intergovernmental agreement and consists of the City of Mosinee and the Towns of Bergen, Knowlton, and Mosinee. The position is responsible for directing and supervising a department consisting of a full-time Chief, Deputy Chief and 50 paid on call Firefighters and EMT’s. This position will require responding on fire and ambulance calls.
Minimum position requirements include (please see full job description for qualifications):
- Possess and maintain Wisconsin State Fire Fighter II certification.
- Possess and maintain Wisconsin State Motor Pump Operator. (or currently be enrolled in class)
- Possess and maintain Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician – AEMT or higher.
- Possess and maintain Entry Level Officer. (Must have Wisconsin State Certified Fire Officer 1 within one year of hire)
- Possess and maintain at least one of the following: Emergency Services Instructor I, Fire Inspector I. (Must have one within one year of hire)
- Possession of a valid Wisconsin Motor Vehicle Operators License.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the fire/rescue/EMS field.
Successful candidates may be subject to multiple interviews, assessment center, background investigation, and drug screening.
The annual starting salary range for this position is $16.25hr ($35,600) – $19.58hr ($42,900) (DOQ) plus full retirement and health benefits.
This position works a 4 day on and 4 day off schedule with 12 hour shifts.
Applications and a complete job description are available on-line at the Mosinee Fire District’s web page (www.mosineefiredistrict.org/), or can be picked up in person at Mosinee Fire District Station #1 (601 S. Rangeline Rd.) or at the Mosinee City Hall (225 Main St.). All applications must be returned along with a letter of introduction and current resume. Application information must be dropped off or mailed to the Mosinee Fire Department no later than 4:00 PM on Friday, April 28th. For questions, contact Chief Jennings at 715-693-2059 or by email at email@example.com.
The Mosinee Fire District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.